Squirrel milk is rich in fat and protein. This recipe uses eggs to boost the proportion of these two nutrients in cow milk to the correct amount, but any other source of fat and protein can be substituted if you prefer. Be aware that this Easy Squirrel Milk Recipe contains almost 3 times as much sugar as regular squirrel milk. It can be enjoyed by both squirrels and humans.
Time: 5 minutes | Yield: 2 cups | Level: Very easy
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 whole egg*
- 2 egg yolks*
* If you’re worried about feeding raw eggs to your squirrel (or yourself!), use pasteurized eggs.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or large bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- To serve, gently heat the desired amount until it is pleasantly warm to the touch. Make sure the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Store any unused squirrel milk in the refrigerator. Use within a few days.